Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Test Drive: Tresemme Waterless Foam Shampoo

I think I saw a commercial about Tresemme Dry Shampoo and I wanted some, but I couldn't find it in the store when I was randomly browsing so I got this instead.  So I thought I would do a play by play and first-time thoughts on the product for you readers out there.

Photo taken from the Tresemme website 

It cost about $6 here in Canada and it's hilarious to me because it's called "waterless" but the first ingredient is water.  They mean rinseless...but it's still funny.

This seems like an awesome product for me because I tend to get sweaty-head at night and wake up the next day after a really nice hair day with some greasy roots and pouffy ends and it's annoying to use baby powder or corn starch to dry it up and then style and the you get the weird powdery feeling on your head.  So I thought I would give it a go.  I wore my hair up today because of the greasies...so this is my starting look.

 Oh yeah! Hehe...So the instructions say to take 2-3 pumps and distribute throughout hair.  So I did the 2-3 pumps...

Not a lot, honestly.  It ran out quick, so I put in approx 6-8 pumps worth.  However, I think I did too much honestly because I don't think you're supposed to saturate the hair at all, just work it through as best you can.

Then you're supposed to towel it off.  The back of the container makes it seem like you put it in and towel dry right away, but the site says to put it in, let it sit, then pat dry.  So I think you'd just experiment to find out which works.
This is where I speculated that I put too much in because it wasn't towelling dry at all...just...towelling.  I got the same effect as if I had just done a quick water/shampoo/rinse of my root area, which defeats the purpose of the "waterless" foam if it's like a shower in a can basically and I have to dry my hair still.  I shall try next time using less.
Final result...wet roots.  Not what I had envisioned.  However, they are drying now (30 mins later) and they feel a lot softer and cleaner than before I did this, and it smells lovely.  Very fresh-scented.  I have hopes of it working better when I follow the 2-3 pumps only...I'll keep you updated.

- Love, Becka

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails