Monday, May 24, 2010

Experimental NOTD + quick FOTD

So my foray into fancy nail polish techniques as mentioned in the last post was successful!  I am totally in love with this look and have been thinking up different colours I can do it with and if I need any more nailpolish (Need? Maybe not...but definitely want).  I chose purple because the sparkly nail polish I have is kind of purplish in it's base.  So here's the final result:




The lightest shade is the purple in the non-neon Rainbow collection from Claires, then there's Purple Potion from Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear, then Bomb from Caboodles, and the darkest purple is Vixen by Sally Hansen Diamond Strength.  The sparkles sparkles are Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Strobe Light and then I put 3 coats of Sally Hansen Hard as Nails in Nude on top to seal in the sparkles and make it shiny.  The technique is explained in this video by MissChievous and is actually incredibly simple.  The only issue I had is that my nailpolish soaked into the sponge really quickly.

Now onto the FOTD, it's really quick, just natural light pics.  And I didn't even do my hair yet so it's still in a towel in the pics haha. 
Products Used: 
Rimmel Fix and Perfect Primer
Rimmel Lasting Finish foundation in 103 True Ivory
NYC Shimmer Bronzer stuff
Jane Blush in Earth
Fyrinnae e/s in Montalivet
Loreal e/s in Kerry's Bronzes palette in the 2nd darkest shade
MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack
Loreal Voluminous mascara



Once again I forgot to put something on my lips...oh well. 
So today was Victoria Day here in Canada and it was hotter than hot out.  This weather we're having is typical of late June/July, not May.  I hope it's not crazy crazy hot all summer, but it probably will be.  But anyway, today I went to the mall with my friend Marcy and we made pancakes at her house and chilled and caught up.  What did you guys do today? 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the nails.

Mon Cheri said...

O very nice indeed! Love the colours!

I am always meaning to try out a technique like this <3

http://moncheri2311.blogspot.com/

Related Posts with Thumbnails