Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A few recent purchases...

So my exams are done! These last two practicals went okay, but not as great as the midterm ones.  Usually the assessment is something concrete and easy to find, but most of the assessments today were all vague and could be interpreted differently.  I'm sure I passed though, and that's all that matters.

I haven't been buying much because I haven't been working much and I need to get a 2nd job so I can pay tuition, but I still have been trying to buy some things.



On Saturday I checked my bank account and saw that I had more money than I thought, so I wanted to go shopping.  Well, I didn't find much of fancy, but I did end up getting a couple things.


Got2b Smooth Operator Smoothing Hairspray.  I have been wanting a lighter hold hairspray for a while because I only had an ultra super max hold one (which really was quite strong).  This was on sale at the brand new Shoppers Drug Mart (yippee) that is about a 12 minute walk from my house.  It was $4.99, so I thought I'd go for it.  So far the only thing I don't like about it is the smell.  I actually love the smell, but I am not really a fan of scented hairspray, I always try to buy unscented.  However, this doesn't smell like hairspray, it smells sweet and candy-ish, so I can cope.

I also went to Michael's to pick up some yarn for a blanket I am crocheting for my sister's wedding gift.  And in the clearance beading section I found this:


Well, technically just the pendant.  It was only $2.99 so I bought it because I thought it was cute.  It's really shiny though, so I am hoping it gets a little tarnished for a more antique look.

Then, on Monday I had an exam and an interview and my mother took me out shopping and for lunch and bought me this:


I saw it in Bentley and loved the rope look handles.  They're actually really soft and light, whereas rope that size would probably be rather heavy and also really rough to hold.  It's a perfect size for bringing a lunch and purse essentials to work, and can probably hold a change of clothes if I get a 2nd job which requires a different outfit.  It was only $9.98.

I also bought some clear nail polish a while ago, for $2 at Walmart.


I already had a half empty bottle of this, but I was going to use that for something special (post to come very soon), so I bought a full size just to supplement.  It's not like a clear nailpolish will ever go out of style or something.

So there's my recent purchases.  Hopefully in a few weeks I'll have a 2nd job and can afford some more stuff, because I desperately need (want) it.

- Love, Becka

3 comments:

Leah said...

I love the bag! Perfect for summer, I'd like to have something like that... but I really need to stop buying things until I find a job haha. The pendant is cute too! The only thing I don't like is the nail polish, I have the same brand and I'm not a fan, I find it takes forever to dry! If you like it that's all that matters though haha.

Becka said...

I haven't noticed an issue with drying time for this. It's definitely not a 60second or anything, but it's not as bad as other types I have. I've had some that took hours to dry, so this isn't that bad.

Unknown said...

Glad you're confident with your exams, well done and yay for them being over!

The pendant and the bag are so gorgeous! lovely buys xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails