Sunday, April 25, 2010

Review: Shimmer Strips by Physician's Formula


I've had this product for a while now and I go through periods of not using it, and then using it almost daily and then not using it again. 

Brand: Physician's Formula
Name: Shimmer Strips custom bronzer, blush and eyeshadow
Colour: Vegas Strip (Light Bronze)
Cost: I got mine on sale for about $12 I think
What I liked: This makes an excellent everyday eyeshadow.  The lighter shades are great for hilighting both eyes and face and the darker shades match well with them for crease work or allover lid colour.  There was a time where I wore the 2nd lightest shade all over my eyes every day with the darkest shade in the crease.  Everyday.  The texture is easy to blend and it is very shimmery.  There is also a lot of bang for your buck, especially if you use it as eyeshadow.  This has lasted forever and I have barely made a dent.
What I disliked: I find it overly shimmery for using as a bronzer.  I only use it as a hilight.  The colour payoff isn't that intense because it is so shimmery.  Even the darkest shade comes out light because of the shimmer.
Would I buy this product again: Yes, I don't think I can even get to the bottom of this though, but if I did, I would totally buy it again.  I would like to check out the other colours perhaps as well.

Ps: I think it would make a nice body shimmer for a night out too.  Just take a big fluffy brush to your collarbones, decolletage, etc.

2 comments:

Joanne said...

It definitely doesn't look like a bronzer, but a great highlighter.

Just so you know, I gave you a little award on my blog :)

Becka said...

I saw that...thank you! :) You're such a sweetheart.

Related Posts with Thumbnails